Monday, February 8, 2010

drummond

30/04/08
Tokomaru bay is a beautiful town with lots of friends and families. A great view big wide ocean in front of it. Rainbows shining over the ocean with their beautiful colours.

28/04/08
Two weeks ago, on Thursday it was the last day of school. I was not here, unfortunately I had gone to Tolaga for a few days with my cousins. We went floundering along the river side. We caught at least 23 flounders. When we got back home we cleaned them up. A few days later I went to Gisborne to stay at my mum and dads house along Wainui road. We were only visiting them. After four hours we went back to Tolaga and from there my cousins took me back to Toko to get ready for school.

4/06/08
Today it was a pretty cool day we all played sports like skipping, rugby, bat down and all of does kind of stuff. After school today some of the year eight and seven students are going to the kura to practice basket ball so that we can be ready for the game in heruharama.

27/03/09
A taumata resembles a human figure. It guards and protects the crops. The taumata was placedin front of the crop and was given the first grown fruit or vegetable's of the season so that it would continue to protect the crops. The pukeko was a predator to the maori crops just like a scare crow to pakeha gardens. The awhero is a large caterpillar that also ate the crops.

26/03/09
Yesterday after school Wiki and I were walking home and I heard a paper kind of sound. I had a look in my bag and there was some money in there. We stopped at the four square and we got our selves a ice block and a drink. When we got home I went for a swim. Wiki was not allowed. I saw Beau, Isaac, Kahu, Sam, and Brook and we all got together and went for a surf across the road from Kahu's house. I saw Sam's little brother Taina so I went to go and play with him we found this mud wall and played over there. Beau and Kahu were both chucking mud at me and I had no help so I ran home. When I got home I started to do my home work and I finished it in half an hour. Then I went to sleep so I could get up early for school.

16/03/09.
Today wasn't a great day for me. I did not get all of my work done so i came on blog for a little wile. I better go now so bye.

13/3/09.
Good morning, yesterday i felt sick i had a bit of heart burn like Eia. It was so sore but when i walked in to the boys toilet the pain just went away it was like a ghost went through me, so i went back in class and did some ict work with koka Sam.

11/3/09.
This afternoon some of the tuakana have gone surfing across from the club rooms. We've just been doing place values with koka Teriu.

9/3/09.
This week Ive been learning about the phases of the moon and mara kai. Yesterday i got all of my work done but to day Ive been having a hard time finishing a little bit of work, so i just came on blogger for a little bit.

11/06/09
In a small town called Tokomaru Bay there is a huge mountain called Marotiri.It is big beautiful and green.It has lots of animals like big brown Horses, big goats with big horns, black and white cows, fluffy sheep, and big fat juicy boars.The sun shines bright in this small mysterious town and especially shines bright over Marotiri.Illustrator Drummond Raroa.

19.11.09
During the school holidays my mum Vanessa and my brother Sione came, but only for the first week. It was not only exciting for me, but for them as well because my brother had never been to Tokomaru bay before. When they had turned up with my uncle Tommy I was so happy. I hadn’t seen them for such a long time.Every day my brother and I would go for a swim, and go down Waima to see my cousin Tihei. We also went to see my uncle Waka at the cemetery by Te Ariuru Marae. Every night we would play the play station 2.One morning my Nan and I took my mum and brother to Tolaga Bay to stay at my Cousin Shannon’s house. We ended up taking them back to Gisborne because they felt like they weren’t welcome to stay. After we got them home my Nan and I went back to Tokomaru Bay.

19.11.09
Friday the 6th March. It was a pretty cloudy day and it wasn’t that sunny.In the afternoon three students were chosen to go eeling with Joe Chaffey, Mikaira’s dad. Luckily, I was one of the students chosen to go eeling.We went on the two four wheelers. Isaiah and Irihia were on Mikairas four wheeler and I went with Joe on his 4 wheeler. We went off the road, into the muddy hills and through the rocky rivers. I was so terrified.We arrived at a mysterious, creepy old pond and we chucked the hinaki in. We tied it to a piece of log that looked like it was going to snap. We also did the same with the other hinaki, only this time we knew the log was going to snap.We headed back through the rivers and over the hills back onto the road and traveled back to Joe’s house through the fog and rain.

19.11.09
Families come to together for Christmas and open up presents around the brightly decorated Christmas tree.Christmas is a time that brings joy and fun to everyone.Some people on Christmas sing happily around the x-mas tree.The delicious striped candy cane hanging from the tree and stockings are filled with lollies.Bright lights and decorations on houses light up the streets on Christmasnight.

19.11.09
When ngatoro-i-rangi first arrived to Aotearoa he tried to clam the lands of Tuwharetoa, he was also a navigator of a canoe called Te arawa. His name echo’s in the sky and was also copied by the power of a tohunga. His power was also to echo the thunders across the heavens. It is said that he could speak the language of the stars. He knows when it’s the safes time to travel over seas he knew the directions of were he needed to go by looking at the fish out sea, and looking at the birds and the dolphins at night time.He knew that the voyages south of hawaiki were carried out between December and March. Ngatoro-i-rangi knew the lands would be at least 60 kilometers long. Ngatoro-i-rangi learnt from kupe that he had to travel left to get to Aotearoa. Just about every February the Corse going to Aotearoa was in the lining of Venus.Tama-tekupue had a fair idea that Ngatoro-i-rangi was the navigator of the Te arawa canoe, as Ngatoro-i-rangis canoe was about to swirl around into a spinning whirl pool he called out to the gods to ask for help them to calm the storm down.

19.11.09
An exciting time for me was when I moved to Tokomaru bay. I got to experience lotsOf things that are different to town. When I first moved here I didn’t have lots of friend’s but once I started school I got to meet lots of people and before I knew it I had heaps of friend’s. Things were different from Gisborne here people always go hunting; fishing and all of do all kinds of stuff. You always see your family or friend go past because it’s such a small place and not that many people live in Tokomaru bay.I would like to move back to town but I would prefer to live here.

19.11.09
February is the time to prepare for winter crops and vegetable patches. Saw carrots, parsnips, beetroot, spinach, peas, cauliflower and cabbage. Build up the soil first with peat, compost, thrive lime for calcium and thrive all purpose for an even balance of plant food. Continue taking laterals off your tomatoes and harvesting ripe tomatoes making sure to remove any fallen or diseased fruit to prevent disease spreading.Side dress all winter maturing vegetables with thrive all purpose.Lift early crops of potatoes when the tops die off. Make sure they are properlyDried before storing, Lift Dry and store garlic, shallots and onions hang.Up in side to ripen before cleaning and storing.My top seven choices to grow in winter are coriander., pak, choi, perennialSpinach (silver beet with green steams), red kale cos lettuce, spring onions and rocket.They wont grow very fast but they wont go to seed either, witch can be a problem with these crops in the warmer weather .pests such as cabbage white butter flies and aphids aren’t al thought slugs and snailscan take their toll. Get them started from seed in april and may if you can or buy.

19.11.09
On a cold Saturday morning I arrived at school with Daianne, who had picked me up from my house.When we arrived at school our Kapahaka Group got ready to go to the Tamararo. I was feeling good about the performance that we were going to give. Unfortunately Nan was not able to come and watch me perform.When we were all dressed we then traveled by cars and vans to the tamararo festival which was held at the Gisborne show-grounds.When we arrived there it was our turn to go on stage. We were third on. After we finished our performance we stayed to watch Taonga Tuturu perform. I thought they were really good.When they had finished we did a haka tautoko for them and then Koka Stacy gave out our tickets so we could watch the other kapahaka groups.We left the venue and went back to to our tent to get changed but before we did we had a photo’s taken with Taonga Tuturu and Waipiro.After I got changed Jason, Isaac, Uncle Joe and I went to McDonald’s to get a feed. After we finished we went to the warehouse so Uncle Joe could buy him some beer and then we headed back to Tokomaru Bay.I enjoyed my day doing Kapa Haka and even though we came third I thought we did OK.

19.11.09
In the capital city of Kawasaki, there lived a young man called Jack Henderson. He was a brilliant boy he had the mind of a genius.Jack was making an unusual type of machine; he was making a vortex machine. It could open up any porthole to any planet and any galaxy. He worked on this machine for months.One day Jack was putting the finishing touches onto his creation, and then something went wrong.The vortex machine started going crazy and started destroying things that were in its path the vortex machine wasn’t working as planned.Poor young Jack got sucked into the vortex and ended up in a parallel universe. He woke up in the middle of the road, every body started to surround him. Every where he looked there were bungalow houses every body had chains sticks and brass knuckles on there hands. The parallel people of this universe tried to kill Jack but he managed to get away.Jack saw people hiding in a under ground compartment, which the greengrocer use to own. Jack was exhausted from making his vortex machine and running away from the people of his town. Without government authority in control everybody was free to do what they wanted. They were holding the government in a containment block. Jack was planning to save everybody from this terror. In order for Jack to do so he needed to be very careful because there were guards watching every corner of the containment block.Jacks guilt was getting the better of him as he was unable to think of a way to save the government from the terror which had been imposed on them.Suddenly he had a thought and created a teleporting laser gun within a couple hours he was teleporting the government out of the containment block and out to safety.Once everyone was safe Jack needed some equipment to make him a machine so he could return home.The government was only too happy to help Jack as he helped to restore justice for the government and for the people of the parallel universe of Kawasaki.19.11.09Years ago in Tokomaru bay there lived a person called Tautini and he lived up on a maunga called Toiroa.He bribed all of the children to come up the hill so that he could fatten them up and chucked them of the cliff, he would order the others to go and get the child then he would cook the child up and eat them.It turned out he had killed a son of a chief, but the other children managed to escape and tell the chief that Tautini had killed his son; he walked up the hill and chopped of Tautini’s head.Te Aotawarirangi found out what happened to her farther, she ran up Toiroa and asked for her father’s head with courage.Te Aotawarirangi ran all the way to Te Araroa to tell her brother that there father had been killed. Along the way as they traveled from town to town they killed every one except for one town Tokomaru bay.They did not kill them because the people of Tokomaru bay had preformed a good Kapa haka performance.They joined Te Aotawarirangi and her brother Tu terangikatipu to fight the chief Tu temangarewa and his tribe, but unfortunately Te Aotawarirangi and her brother’s tribe won.19.11.09In the weekend my brother Jonathan and older cousins came to bring the x box 360 to wiki’s house so I could play it. I wasn’t so board any more and didn’t have to go and play in the short cut. I’m also glad that Tihei wiki’s older brother is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment