Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lilybeth

19-11-09
3rd march 2008 our school walked to Pakirikiri Marae. It was Aunty Missy’s Tangi. She was involved in a fatal car accident on 08/02/08. She was the wife of the famous entertainer Prince

Tui Teka. People from around Aotearoa and Australia had come to mourn her passing. Parekura Horomia the Minister of Maori Affairs was also in attendance to pay respects to Aunty Missy.Everyone listened to different people doing whaikorero and waiata. There was a band playing for Aunty Missy. It was Prince Tui Teka’s brother’s band and they were from Tuhoe.We then had karakia whakamutunga and the whanau performed the haka Panapana and the men did the haka Ruaumoko as they were carring her off the Marae.When the whanau were carring her into the urupa everyone followed her with flowers in there hands. After they had karakia and put the dirt back on her we layed the flowers on her. Then we went by Riria‘s Papa Henry. We then washed our hands and went to have the hakari. The hakari it was so delicious. I was wondering were our school was they had come back to school. When the kaumatua and adults were going to have a kai the cooks and others performed Paikea and Mihi Mai and then sat to have a kai for Aunty Missy’s Tangi.

19-11-09
When Awhina Fishing Club held a fishing comp on Saturday the 2nd of Feb I was excited. As aunty was setting the rod i went to pay mine and Anas fee it costed $2. As we were looking for a place to fish my mum kept saying go by aunty Frances but we couldn’t find her. When I threw my rod out it only landed where I could sit on my knees. Throwing the rod out I was thinking of my fishing rod I wanted to throw that out instead of Ana’s.As the line got stuck on an enormous rough rock I tried being tough and pull it in but it snapped like 7 times. When I snapped it alot of times I got a big growling. When I saw Aunty Frances pull in some big Kahawai I got jealous and tried to get my own but I failed to get some. When I had my money I wanted to go to the shop but Aunty Kelly said “no” stay here and watch your line.At the Awhina’s prize giving everyone got a prize like bags, tackle boxes, bottles, boogie boards and allot of other stuff. When my name got called out I was so proud to get a bag and I didn’t even get a fish. As John Kopua said lolly scramble Korey and I ran as fast as a cheetah to Cheryl and walked out. When John finished the lolly scramble he had left and he said “this is mine” and then I said “then take us for a ride on your fire truck” but he didn’t reply.

19-11-09
My mum is the best mum ever. She cares about how I do at school. She supports me in what I participate in. My mum keeps the house clean while the lazy me sits back and relaxes. My mum is the mum I love, help, care about and mainly the only mum I have. She cares about what I eat when I get my penicillin injections and how I exercise. Her hair is as dark as the night sky her eyes are as romantic as a beautiful new born. She is a gorgeous clever and precious mum I could ever have. My mum is the best mum me and my brother adore.

19-11-09
On Saturday morning the 20th of September Daianne, Ana, Drummond and I headed to school to get ready for our big day.It was the kapa haka Tamararo, in Gisborne.We got dressed at school and then we traveled in vehicles to the Gisborne show-grounds.I felt a little jittery when I went on stage because there were going to be heaps of people that I would know and they would be looking at me.We performed and I knew it wasn’t my best performance that I could have done but I thought our group did well. We got placed third.We performed at 10.30am and our group was third on stage, there weren’t a lot of people there but those that were there were whanau from Toko.Koka Sam was crying and she was making me laugh.After the performance we went off stage and watched Taonga Tuturu. They were awesome. We watched 2 more groups and then headed off to McDonalds for lunch. During that day my favorite thing was watching other groups perform, going to McDonalds, and Anita making me laugh because Ana was getting cheeky to her so she got cheeky back. When we were at McDonalds I saw my brother’s sister.All the workers had photos of little kids on the back of their clothing.After having a kai we headed home. Ana and I had been tired all-day so we had a big sleep.

19-11-09
This story is about a girl named Jordyn Mahanga. She is a champion swimmer, she has diabetes. Diabetes is which you have to much glucose(A type of sugar). She won a gold medal for 100mtrs breast stroke, also won a silver for 200mtrs breaststroke and won bronze for 50mtr .

19-11-09
As the shell sits by the smashing sea, the sun dashes down on the shell. When the waves smash among the shell it gets covered in rough wet sand. As people walk across the beach they pick up shells like picking scrumptious grapes. When people take them home they make them into beautiful things like necklaces. The stripes on the shell make them look outstandingly beautiful...Where I think my Taonga came from...My Taonga floated to shore in bits and pieces from far away. It came a long time ago and its been relaxing on our beautiful beach.

19-11-09
On a dark cloudy day a horrible boy bought a mouse trap to school. He put bread into it to try and catch a lonely bird. Then our grumpy teacher came running out of the class. With shocking facials. It was flying when Eia came up with a terrible idea. ‘’Eia’’ we yelled ‘’Leave the amazing bird alone’’. His disgusting brother was running away with the mouse trap when Koka was growling them. Eia was destroying the bird’s life by pulling a leave off and not letting it have freedom until the last minute. When I saw everyone running to the bird I thought they were enjoying themselves but they caught a bird as hey were running to the tree.

19-11-09
On a scorching hot day the hurricanes came to visit us. Allot of schools came to Hatea-A-Rangi domain. Jerry Collins, David Smith and two others introduced themselves. After they introduced themselves all the schools and kohanga had a photo with them it was amazing to see Jerry Collins.

19-11-09
The great shotput player Valarie Vili won the Westpac Halberg Awards Sports Person and Woman of the year 2008. Scott Dixon won the Sportsman of the year but he wasn’t there to get his prize. The Everswindell twins won the Sports Team of the year and Valaries coach Kirsty won the Coach of the Year. Mahe Drysdale awarded the prize to Valarie and it ended with a special song for Valarie.

19-11-09
Walking to the beach on a scorching day my feet were burnt like hot toast. Walking on the rocks my feet were getting stabbed like a million knives going through mutton. Getting into the water a current swiftly swept us down stream. We screamed like little babies. Walking up the bank it felt like I was going to tumble back down because it was really hot. When we finish our cool swim I got in Porky’s boot and we went back to Reweti’s.I was still hot.

19-11-09
Yesterday Wiri, Drummond, Wiki, Neha, Ana, Tangata and I went for a swim. I tried surfing but furthest I went up was on my knees. The crabs were biting me and one crab bit me then bit Wiri. Wiri was surfing on this mans surfboard and when he was getting out Neha and Wiri told him to stay in but he said “Nah I’m a honky I get burnt”. We said “what from” and he said “the sun” we laughed “there’s no sun”. I went home and watched Tu Te Manawa they were pretty phat. On Saturday there was a fishing day there were only four kids because it was only kid’s day. There was Te Hinota, Jaaron, Ana and I. I took ma up to get my prize then I gave it to her and we had a kai.

19-11-09
My Pimped school would have a bright disco light and a real deep pool with a windy hydro slide. It would have comfortable lazy boys with cold coke fridges. Along the wall would be bouncy trampolines as bouncy as a rabbit hopping to his scrumptious carrot. Everyone would have Imacs (laptops and computers). For the pool we would have waterproof couches and a hot boiling spa. The teacher would have there own lazy boy and the best made fashion laptop in the world and the best students they could ever ask for. We would have our own cooks who can make lots of cream paua and fried bread YUM!! Everything we get would be free and when we come to school it would be free time all day. We would have driving lessons for any age so after school we could drive home and not walk.

19-11-09
Nga Mokopuna o Te Hokowhitu went to Auckland for the Kapa Haka Nationals. Our group went to Rainbows End. As we were waiting at the counter for our tickets I was really excited. Hearing the laughter outside made me want to just run on with no ticket. I sat by Frankie until I was ready to go on the rides. Finally, I mustered up the courage and I was ready. Looking around at the amazing rides my eyes were wide open. Hearing people scream attracted me to the Fear Fall. I saw Perin go slowly up and speeding back down.Running to the Fear Fall, I tried pushing in so I could go first. When I got up front I was terrified so I tried making my way back to the end of the line. Perin told me to stay there so I did. The lady said “next”. I was so nervous. Getting into the seat and buckling up I was so worried that I was going to fall out. I was not confident but it was too late I was already buckled in. Getting lifted into the high into the sky looking down, the people looked like little ants. Staying in the air for six seconds, it felt like we were stuck in time. We went down as fast as Greg Murphy on his racing car. Slowing down I thought I was going to spew but I didn’t. I told myself I am never going on that ride ever again.Iri and I went on the Roller Coaster. About 20 or so times. Going around and around my head was banging against the side. It was as hard as a rock. Slowing down it felt like I was going to fall over. I got out and looked back. “I’ve finished with that ride” I mumbled. Then we had to go back to our motel.

19-11-09
On Mondays Ivan Lomax takes us to basketball. We play at Hiruharama in the gym. The person that referees us is Jimmy Hill. We’ve won two games and lost three. We have 9 players and some of us are going to trial out for the under 13 girls and the under 13 boys E.C teams. Before we arrive at basketball Ivan has a talk with us so when we get there we can practice lay ups and shooting. The main things we have to remember while playing is to stick with you partner and when you’re going to do a lay up come on an angle and don’t go through the middle. We’ve played Hiruharama, Te Waiu, Te Pae o Te Riri, Ngata and Waipiro. The team players are Isaiah, Korey, Mikaira, Eia, Brooke, Lily Beth, Irihia, Siyarndra and Israel. It’s exciting when you in the game because there’s heaps of action. It’s so hard to sub off the court especially when you’re not tired because the game is so exciting. On trainings we practice our dribbling, passing and some new tricks

19/11/09
Bang! Went the colourful Guy Fawkes. Small bomb fires, burning as bright as the sun scattered along the beach. Boom! The Guy Fawkes went up in smoke. I thought to myself, what a waste of money.Kids running around with sparklers screaming as loud as opera singers. Bright flames with orange outlines getting hotter by the minute. All of a sudden- ah, ah! Screaming kids with burning flames coming from their clothes running to the sea to put out the flames. No-one is hurt phew! What a relief. The sound of children’s laughter can be heard again. Hundreds of dollars worth of Guy Fawkes went up in smoke that night. It ends and everyone goes home. Hooray Guy Fawkes all over for 2009

19/11/09
Today we are doing stations. My favourite would have been the MM and HW because I wrote a sentence with 5 "P" letter words. It was Peter pushed Punax into the Puha on purpose. Its was weird i like it because its easy.....

19/11/09
During a fine spectacular morning the under 13s boy and girls basketball teams travelled to Tauranga. Roanne, Edith and I were the luggage ladies. We arrived in Whakatane and we went top the hub. We were the first ones there so we went into Rebel sports and i bought myself some basketball boots they are Converses. We finally arrived in Tauranga and we got pohwiried on. Quickly we went for a copld shower so that we could go and have a look around town.
After our tiering game us girls went to breakers. While we were waiting for our food we were playing checkers. Kimi was playing with a fish oil pill and she popped it. It splatted all over he face. She smelt as fishy as a fish. As we were eating i th ought they had spiked my dringk because I felt weird as.
Travelling back home MIkaira, Isaiah, Brooke and I came home with Ivan. We were playing a game where you had to be quiet and Ivan had to sing really badly and who ever laughed or talked was out. When we hit Busby's hill we screamed YAY....

19/11/09
A long time ago Manuhauturiki the son of Ruatepupuke set out to see on his waka. Tangaroa captured him took him home and set him as his gable. Rua set out to seek him. Rua was asking the locals if they had seen his son. people replie " I saw him out sea". Ruatepupuke at once knew Tangaroa had taken him so he dove down to save the heart of his son. He saw one of the slaves of Tangaroa, Hinematekotai. Rua asked "have you seen my son" she said " yes but the only way you could get him is by blocking the crevices to burn them. At morning Rua burnt them. The survivors were Maroro, Kanae and Kokiri. Rua took some carvings homw and that is how we have the art of carving.

19/11/09
Many years ago Paikea was a very famous ancestor who lived on the East Coast of the North Island. Paikea was the son of Uenuku. Uenuku had another son named Ruatapu. Ruatapu built a canoe which he called Tutepewarangi. He asked the eldest sons of all the chiefly families if they would be his crew. He set upon his new crew managing to drown them all except Paikea. He had recited a chant to summon help from his ancestors. In no time Paikea had his prayers answered and a Taniwha was sent in the form of a whale. The whale was able to get Paikea away to safety. They landed at Ahuahu then moved to Whakatane and he met Huturangi who he married. Then they settled at Whangara on the East Coast of the North Island.

9-6-09
Snuggly soft blanket as warm as a jersey. Soft pillow as soft as a cloud. Clothes chucked everywhere; it was as messy as my hair when I woke up. Nice cozy electric blanket heats me up as fast as lightning. Bright sun shines through my curtains and hits my eyes. When I get woken up my bed is so nice it makes me as lazy as a lion sleeping in the scorching sun.By Lily Beth.

14/5/09
People of Mangawhau aka Mt Eden were fighting heaps with people from Awhitu on the Manukau Harbour. Both people want the best shark-fishing place at Puponga. They were from Tainui. When people began to get killed the elders would make peace but when they would go fishing trouble would always start. During a peaceful moment the people from Mangawhau visited Awhitu. With the people from Mangawhau a beautiful wahine Puhi-Huia came. Ponga a young warrior from Awhitu fell madly in love when he spotted her. Sometime later the people of Awhitu returned to Mangawhau. The young men stamped a haka powhiri to call them onto the marae. She dashed forward doing the pukana and moving her arm and body with actions. His heart was over flowing with aroha. Ponga couldn’t sleep his heart was melting for the beautiful Puhi-Huia. His slave asked “are you thinking of the stunning Puhi-Huia everyone has fallen deeply in love with her.” Ponga asked his slave “bring me some cold fresh water.” The beautiful Puhi-Huia’s mother heard. She said to her daughter “are you deaf kotiro cant you hear him. Puhi-Huia lit a torch and took a calabash to the flowing spring. Ponga went outside and quickly went to the spring. “I am thirsty but really I’m dehydrated for you Puhi-Huia”. They spent the night together and went back before the sun came out. Ponga sent his slave to Onehunga before he told his hard working slave to cut the lashings off the Mangawhau canoes before they leave. A canoe full of warriors from Mangawhau wanted Puhi-Huia back. “No I wont leave my loved one I love him dearly. Puhi-Huia’s mother came to take Puhi-Huia back. She brought some ladies dressed as warriors and they battled. Puhi-Huia’s mother told them to STOP instantly. “I will there for your marriage feast.” They were married and a feast was put on. Then the chief of Awhitu gave Puhi-Huia’s parents gifts. Then they placed the treasures in front of Mangawhau marae.

11/5/09
Waking up on a beautiful morning I walked into the sitting room eating my hair. “HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!” I shouted with a big kiss. I didn’t do anything for my mum. I went down to the pub to help Daianne cook. Not many people turned up but it was still cool. Kahu Waitoa and his bro dedicated a song to Bernie and she was crying. More people started coming in. I left to go to basketball with Siyarndra. She doubled me back to my house. I fell off and my knee banged the road it was as sore as getting hit but we laughed.Arriving at basketball we were like 30 minutes late. Ivan told us to line up. My knee wasn’t stinging at first but then it stung hard out. We had a drink break. We had to drink out of the toilets. It was weird because we’re not used to drinking out of the tap. When we were going home Iri walked into the high way 35 motorbike club and everyone yelled “Iri”. When I got home I asked Aunty Ara if she could take me to Porky. So away we went walking along the wharf I was trying to spot Porky. I saw her and I was stomping along like big thundery earthquakes.We finally left we went up to Ginas then walked down to Aunty Karas. They were like laughing hard. There were heaps of people. Then we went to the club it was cool. Then we had to go home and that spoiled it.

27/4/09
During the holidays Frankie her parent Malina and I travelled to TeKuiti. The next day we carried on to Auckland. I saw the onion restaurant I started buzzing. Threw those 10 days up in Auckland we went to Valentines, Skytower, Zoo, Mall, Ab seiling had about 3 treasure hunts, watch High school musical 3 and heaps more. At the Zoo I saw Chris Warner. I went down to the kids section and it was stink as. On our way back to Pollys we went to Valentines. I was going hard at pudding I had about three pudding and heaps of chocolate fountain. Then we were coming back home and I was happy!!

3-4-09
Tomorrow Ardijah is coming Ana and I are going to watch set up. Its going to be exciting. We get to take photos and we probably are going to be staying for the Hunting and Fishing.

27/3/09
The Taumata is a stone symbol that was roughly carved to resemble a human figure for a good harvest and to watch over the crops.The Taumata was offered the first fruits season when the maori people had gathered there crops.The most constant predators were the pukeko or swamp hen. They built bird proof fences around the crops to keep them out.Pests included the large catepillar called the awhero or sphinx moth.

26/3/09
Yesterday Koka Vix and Koka Stacy were our teachers. They were cool as. We did Brain Stretch, Art and three of the boys made date scones. Mikaira, Jaaron and Isaiah made nice date scones. I did art. We had to draw what we would like our dream garden to look like. When it was home time I quickly biked home and text Siyarndra. I then went on the motorbike and went down the beach. I went up and got Rangimarie from Boyboy. We took her to see Bernie but Bernie wouldn't give her back. We went for a ride and Silz text HELP!! so we turned around and took Rangimarie home. I asked Boyboy if I could pick her up today after school and he said YES!!

25/3/09
Today we went to the hospital because Ana had a sore leg. She had to get an x-ray. she told the nurse she was wearing high heels and she fell in the drain. We went home and she was hopping everywhere.

19/3/09
Yesterday our class wrote notes to Koka Sam about her class annoying us. When people went surfing there were only like five left. We played pirates island and then everyone else came and played.

18/3/09
Today is Mitchells birthday Porky said we were going down to the pub so that will be cool.

16/3/09
Today I was bored and annoyed. when we did our maths box with Teriu I was like not bored. We played a connect four game on the board and a coin game as well. We had pairs Tangata and Iri, Sinead and Jaaron and Teriu and I. Teriu and i played against Sinead and Jaaron we won the I played against Iri and we thought she was going to win but i did and we were laughing.

13/3/09
Yesterday we had softball training but there was no training. Then Porky had netball. Ronda came with Miss Puhi. I held her until we had to go. Threw my hold she went to sleep, we went on the van and then we went home :[

11/3/09
Today some Germans visited our class. they talked about why they are in NZ. we taught them how to count to ten in maori. They wrote up on the board how to count to ten in German language. I had to run to the shop to get some biscuits for them for a cuppa tea.9/3/08On Saturday I fell off Anas motorbike I got winded. I got bruised inside me and I cant really cough.

5/3/09
Yesterday I went for a ride in Daiannes van. this morning I saw Aunty Sarah and Sinead. they were making me laugh Daianne gave Ana $10 to go and get her lunch and she said YAY ill have lollies for my class Daianne said no.

4/3/09
Yesterday we had softball practise. we only had a talk. after that porky and them had netball. it rained hard and Te Riu was saying wheres our kids and I was laughing.Yesterday I went surfing I was useless. Then I went home and Hokowhits didn't come any where. Then I went to sleep.Yesterday Isaiah and them saw a seal. I touched it and it felt like paua.Yesterday I went down to the beach with Kahu and them. We were talking and it was funny. Then Ana and them got scared. they went home. Yesterday i made a Madeira cake. I watched shorty and then I went down the beach. It wasboring so I went home and didn't go to sleep till 1.30Yesterday Wina, Ana, Marama and I went for a swim. We were getting stung by little flying ant thing.We quickly ran home and jumped in the pool. Those ant flying things gave me the shivers. I quickly went inside and got changedYesterday Ana and i went to the skate park. Ana fell of and we started laughing. then i went down and nearly crashed into Tui.Hi my name is Lily Beth and i am a year 7 student. I like playing with my niece and i like riding the motorbike. i live with my mum and i have two brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment