Monday, February 8, 2010

Tangata

February is the time to prepare for winter crops and vegetables’ patches. Sow carrots parsnips beetroot Spanish peas’ cauliflower and cabbage. Build up the soil first with peat compost thrive lime for calcium and thrive all purpose for an even balance of plant food. Continue taking laterals off your tomatoes and harvesting ripe tomato making sure to remove any fallen or diseased fruit to prevent disease spreading. Side dress all winter maturing vegetables with thrive all purpose lift early crops of potatoes when the topsDie off make sure they are properly dried before staring.Lift, dry and store garlic shallots and onions. Hang up inside to ripen before cleaning and storing.My top seven choices to grow in winter are coriander, pak coi perennial spinach(silver beat with green stems),red kale, cos lettuce/ springs onions and rocket. They wont grow very fast but they wont go to seed either, wich can beA problem with these crops in the warmer weather. PestsSuch as cabbage butterflies and aphids aren’t a problem in the cooler months, although slugs and snails can take theirToll. Get them started from seed in April and may if you can or buy seedlings or raise them over heat once the days draw in pick a few leaves at a time and you’ll have salad and green for most of the winter.A man was shot dead on the road an Auckland suburb on Friday. Hisfamily all gathered for his funeraltoday in Mangere. Detectives haven’tfound any clues on the case, howeverThe mans body was found undera bridge by the Auckland motorway.His family misses him dearly andhe will always be remembered.Tangata karakaThe mighty waves were part of his great power.Tangaroa was a beautiful god that took over the sea.There was a man called Ruatepupuke he lived beside Tangaroa.He new everything about him. One morning Rua was isolatedOn a rock looking at the crystal house of Tangaroa and it glistenedand shone. Days passed on and Rua hada son named manuruhi Rua spoke to the infantabout the magic of Tangaroa. He also hadAnother child named Ruatekupenga.Manuhauturuki was cautioned about goingOut sea by himself but he never listened. So heGot captured by Tangaroa. Long long ago in the beginning the world wasvery dark.In this darkness Ranginui and Papatuanuku were embraced to each other.Living in between them, were their children who did not like being cramped up. Tumatauenga the god of war was so angry he wanted to kill his parents but, Tanemahuta the god of the forests didn’t let him.He wanted to separate them. Tangaroa, Haumia, Rongo and Tawhirimatea had tried separating their parents as well but they had failed so Tanemahuta separated them. They wanted to separate their parents so they could have plenty of space to move about. Finally they broke away and that is how our world was created.By TangataTeenage Love Affair"1 alica keysCan't wait to get homeBaby dial your numberCan you pick up the phone'cause I wanna holla?Daydreaming about you all dayIn school can't concentrateWant have your voice in my ear'Til ma comes and says it's too late[Chorus:]'cause the lights are on outsideWish there was somewhere to hide'cause I just don't want to say goodbye'cause you are my baby babyNothing really mattersI don't really careWhat nobody tell meI'm gonna be hereIt's a matter of extreme importanceMy first teenage love affairAnother secret meetingOn the 5th floor stair caseI'm gonna give you this letterOf all the things I can't sayWant you to be my first, my last, my ending and beginningI wrote your name in my bookYou last name my firstI'm your Mrs.[Chorus]Hey boyYou know I really like being with you right?Just hanging out with you is fun 23So maybe we can go to first baseBecause I feel youSecond baseWant you to feel me tooThird baseBetter pump the breaksWell baby slow downI gotta go home now[Chorus]My baby babyNothing really mattersI don't really careWhat nobody tell meI'm gonna be hereIt's a matter of extreme importanceMy first teenage love affairdid you know”?1* Kittens develop very quickly from about two weeks of age until their seventh week.2*their coordination and strength improve, they play-fight with their litter-mates, and begin to explore the world outside the nest.3 *they learn to wash themselves and others as well as play hunting and stalking games, showing their inborn ability as predators.4 *these innate skills are developed by the kittens' mother or other adult cats bringing live prey to the nest.5*Later, the adult cats also demonstrate hunting techniques for the kittens to emulate6*Kittens emerge in a sac called the amnion which is bitten off and eaten byThe mother cat7*Usually, breeders will not sell a kitten that is younger than twelve weeks, and in many jurisdictions, it is illegal to give away kittens younger than eight weeks old.8* Kittens require a high-calorie diet that contains more protein than the diet of adult cats. From weaning until about one year of age they should be fed a diet specifically formulated for kittens.9* Orphaned kittens too young to eat solid food may be fed a cat milk replacement formula every two to four hours.10* Kittens should not be fed cow's milk because it does not provide all of the necessary nutrients.11* Cats are generally intolerant of sugars in their diets and both sucrose (table sugar) and lactose are not digested and cause soft stools or diarrhea.Christmas is a joyful moment filled with fun and happiness.It’s exciting to see aunties and uncles and whanau you have not seen.The children awake to open their stunning presents under the Christmas tree with glistening lights.People are having a superb feast of roast pork, veggies and delicious mouth watering deserts.Christmas is a joyful moment filled with fun andhappinessBy Tangata08/12/08 When I woke up from my sleep, the sun came shimmeringthrough my window.I sleepily walked outside the doorand it was a lovely sight. Flowers were blossoming in theearly mist, butterflies fluttered lazily in the distance, acolourful rainbow heeled beautifully above the mountainsI healed gracefully down the stony doorstep then I wentSprinting across the limy grass, dozens of times. I collapsedtiredly on the blooming flowers, and rested. I groanedleisurely with exhaustions and fell asleep. I was verypleased for this moment to come. ..By Tangata..When I woke up from my sleep, the sun came shimmeringthrough my window.I sleepily walked outside the doorand it was a lovely sight. Flowers were blossoming in theearly mist, butterflies fluttered lazily in the distance, acolourful rainbow heeled beautifully above the mountainsI healed gracefully down the stony doorstep then I wentSprinting across the limy grass, dozens of times. I collapsedtiredly on the blooming flowers, and rested. I groanedleisurely with exhaustions and fell asleep. I was verypleased for this moment to come. ..By Tangata..February is the time for winter crops andVegetables patch. Sow carrots, parsnips,Spinach, peas, cauliflower and cabbage. BuildUp soil first with peat, compost thrive limecalcium and thrive all purpose for an evenbalance of plant food.Continue taking lateralsoff your tomatoes harvesting ripe tomatoesmaking sure to remove any fallen or diseasedfruit to prevent diseased spreading. Sidedress all winter maturing vegetables with thriveall purpose.Lift early crops of potatoes whenthe tops die off. Make sure they are properlydried before storing. Lift dry store, garlic, shallotsand onions hang upside to ripen before cleaningDRAMA QUEENThere once lived a king called Tangata. My life wasPerfect. I was allowed to have anything my heartdesires. I told my guards to take me outside forsome fresh air, but it was soaking wet. Stuff thisstupid weather.So I yelled as hard as I could toTake me back to my royal throne. Well my life wasnot so perfect. So I just sat lazily on my seat,but the good parts abut me is that I am richand handsome I live up the top tower of the entirecastle.I was allowed fame, fortune and I go to latenight parties. But some times its not easy being aking, too many responsibilities.By TangataSHOOTING STARSBeautiful astonishing stars pass me by.Across the mountains through the mistand up high in the sky. Sparkling gold bringsbeauty to art. A tail of magic, glamorouslike a diamond. Amazing speed shots likea bullet. Twinkle x2 little star how I wonderwhat you are. Up above the world so highlike a diamond in the sky twinkle x2little star how I wonder what you are.By Tangata
TALKING TREEToday is my birthday so slept in for ten minutes more. Suddenly a bunch ofPeople burst into my room with a cake that said Happy Birthday! I was veryPleased to have all my friends come over.It was time to blow the candles out and make a wish. I did not want it exposed.I opened my eyes and walked away. I ran to the nearest jungle to find a tree.I stood in front of it and said “hello!” I repeated myself one more time.My wish never came true. Nothing happened. Until something strange happened theground shook the wind whipped and leaves flew everywhere. The tree grew eyesand a mouth right in front of me. All of a sudden it said “what do you want!!”it wasn’t ment to be a grumpy tree. I yelled back “shut up and put your eyesnose and mouth where they came from” That was my short experience with thetalking tree.By TangataBang bang the sound of the fireworks blasting in the air scared the hell out of me totallyOutrageous. Stunning looking fireworks dazzling as stars. Shimmering charms displayedIn the sky like never before. you throw it in the air and run away before it explodes.The audience is very enthusiastic. The kids are joyfully running around with their sparklers. The fireworks crack as loud as a gong. The thunderous waves wash up theRubbish as soon as everyone leaves. Now it back to a plain old beach.By tangataraging waves rapidly swell and disintegrates on the itchy sand .wind screams across the treesthe sun is as warm as a blanket .butterfies lazily in the distance.the sky is as white as a sheet.the dazziling sun shines on tokomaru bayOn Tuesday after school i went to my nans house because my parents were in Gisborne.i dropped my bag into the house and rushed to the skate park.there weren't much kids thereand i didn't take a bike or a skate board so i just sat on the rampThe sun rose steadily in the clouds heralding the new day for the people at the village. The villagers went about their daily business carving trees from the forest. Seeds were to be planted and harvested and the gathering of kai moana also needed to be done but things were getting strange.The sun decided to lower itself and speed across the sky. Then the moon started rising making the tribe very angry so much work needed to be done. The sun giggled and laughed as it raced on darkening the land.The villagers’ were counting on Maui to slow the sun. Maui stared at the sun as it rapidly lowered itself behind the mountains.He then gathered his brothers around him, they disgusted carefully their strategies’ coming up with a brilliant plan Maui decided to defeat the sun. The brothers disagreed but because Maui was the oldest of them they were not to question his leadership.Maui’s brothers were not happy with his idea but they helped him with his bold plan. It was hard work cutting and tying the flax. And soon it was all done the brothers sat down and started plaited their flax into ropes they plaited and plaited their flax into thick ropes. Maui then chanted a karakia to give the ropes great power for their task. Taking their baskets of magic ropes they left the village. They were under cover of the darkness so the sun would not see their approach. It was an arduous journey over the wide ocean in the distant shore, around cliffs and traveling through a big forest, which soonrevealed the suns lair. The ground beneath their feet began to get warmer and warmer they were now to were the sun rose andset every day. It was the huge pit it steamed like a geyser.Maui and his brothers began to work, staking rocks at the endof the pit. Weighing down the ends of the ends of the magicropes with rocks. Maui’s brothers soon feel asleep. Maui stayed up waiting for his opportunity to strike. At dawn the sun slowlyrose from its deep hole. Maui’s brothers quickly woke up andtossed the magic ropes over the flames of the sun. Maui beganto beat the sun swifting his powerful hands around the face ofthe sun. The beating continued as the sun tried toescape. Maui then leaped on to the rock wall, raised his secretweapon the magic jawbone. Flames pop out of the jawbone, asMaui strikes the sun. After the sun cried defeat the brothersLoosened the ropes little bit, but still they were holding him.Maui bravely commanded the sun to a travel slowly across thesky from now on. The sun agreed as it had suffered enoughfrom Maui’s hands. The ropes were loosened bit more. The sunwas bruised as it slowly crept in the sky. Maui’s brothers weresatisfied of what they had accomplished. If you look hard enoughyou can see the ropes that Maui and his brothers used to slow thesun.By Tangatahi I'm tangata and I'm 11 years old today it was a lovely day for me and the girls except for the boys that got a grounding from you know who "who?" koka Vickie mihaka for notdoing what their supposed to do, mucking around,and sidetracking. Lucky for me i wasn't in thatmess. or ill be in trouble big time. lets look on the bright side i survived FULL STOP.TANGATALong long ago in the beginning the world wasvery dark. In this darkness’ Ranginui andPapatuanuku were embraced to each other. InBetween them cramping space lived theirchildren they didn’t like it. Tumatauenga thegod of war was so angry he wanted to kill hisparents. But Tanemahuta the god of the forestsdidn’t let him he wanted to separate them,Tangaroa haumia rongo and Tawhirimatea tried aswell but they failed so Tanemahuta separated themSo they can have plenty of space and they brokeApart and that is how our world was created.By Tangata

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tangata could you please fix up your stories thanx Koka Sela...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no spacing and your spelling needs to be fixed up...

    Koka Sela

    ReplyDelete